A sample of past performances from the Velvet Duke. Looking for the listing of Velvet’s Theatrical Innovations instead?
Fresh Meat Festival (October 2022)
Velvet performed the full format version of their musical improv format “All Request Radio“, including a projected Top 10 list and online submission form. With over 150 audience submissions, this show was a fan favourite!
31st Halifax Fringe Festival (September 2022)
Velvet toured (Re)Tired Magical Black Man to Halifax! Winner: “Most Accessible Show”. For the show, Velvet also received the 2022 “Emerging Artist” award from JRG Society for the Arts
Toronto Pride Festival (June 2022)
Overdude jammed improvised rock’n’roll as part of the Mandy Goodhandy & Friends concert
25th Ottawa Fringe Festival (June 2022)
Velvet created, produced, and premiered (Re)Tired Magical Black Man — a magical caper to steal World Peace! Winner: “Emerging Artist”
Luminato Festival (June 2022)
Velvet joined the Luminato Late Night Cabaret with their “All Request Radio” musical format
The Primetime Festival (Toronto Fringe, November 2021)
Velvet created, produced and performed Djinn Joint, a magical, audience interactive digital event, commissioned by the Toronto Fringe.
Velvet Duke’s Family Friendly Comedy Concert (September 2021)
Hosted and performed three original (improvised) songs as part of the 2021 Virtual Queen West Arts Crawl; Contracted comedians Surer Qaly and Coko & Daphney to join Velvet!
Toronto Fringe Festival & Victoria Fringe Festival (2019)
Personal Demon Hunter was critically received; produced, written and performed by Velvet Duke. It spawned the 2020 sequel, Personal Demon Hunter: Divine & Conquer on the FringeLiveStream channel
Interviews & Appearances
- Yes But Why? (Amy Jordan) “Connecting with an audience and doing what you love!”
- Improv Interviews (Margot Escott) “Empowers through improv”
- Improv Discussion and Resources (Chris Griswold) “Why NOT The Netherlands?”
- Creative Confessional’s (Kelly Taylor, Maddie Rose) “Digital tools to engage audiences”
Other Guest Podcast Appearances
- “Volcanoes” (E191) The Big Fib
- My First Trek (Mark DeBonis) “Embracing your inner Trekkie”
- “Disappear” Break A Wish
- “Visit aliens or have the aliens come to us” Break A Wish
- Velvet is a regular contributor with the Terrible Warriors (Justin Ecock)
- Erotic Star Wars fan fiction and Pen is Mightier (Paul JP)
- Velvet conceptualized, wrote and voiced the sketch commercial “AR U Ready” (“Larry’s Got Mail” episode, The Plop)
- Velvet voiced four Shortest Story: The Cave, The Road Less Travelled, Reef of Wishes, Town With No Name
- Velvet provided narration for Weekend Rental – Star Trek The Next Generation NES (Mako Powered – Dr. Chris Alton) (Testimonial)