Whether on stage, in a workshop, in the audience, or behind the scenes. Your presence and perspective is powerful, and improves the community. Don’t compare yourself to others’ progress or your own expectations of what you should know or be able to do. Joyfully take your time and space!
Community agreements are a set of basic ground rules that we ask participants in the space to follow. The goal is to create an open and inclusive space so that every individual has the ability to flourish.
As we come together, I invite us to hold a community agreement to ensure as many of us are able to find joy in this exploration space as possible. By each having agency over community accountability, and by respecting each other’s boundaries and needs in the moment, we create a Consent Informed Space (CIS).
Anonymous Content Boundary Self Check-in
(If you have any content boundaries on workshop day)
Specifically, we will hold CIS to
- Create Together – we’re actively creating and maintaining an accountable space!
- Respect “We” – our lived experiences and identities are offers we can draw upon
- Explore Together – we’ll discover new ways to play, new points of view, new ways to express our creative selves
- Time Out process – acknowledging, appreciating our truths, frustrations, and boundaries, and getting back into exploration
- Release Together – we’ll exit the CIS to bring our joy out into the world
As We Play
- Say Yes to “Good Trouble” John Lewis – ideas and adventures that challenge the status quo that feel good and fun to explore
- Engage with your partners and not at them
- Commit to our choices – trusting your intuition, lived experiences and emotions
- Be mindful of, and protect, each other’s content boundaries
Hate speech and harassment is prohibited
- We will not punch down at anyone’s protected identities
- Hate speech (not limited to racism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny and misogynoir) is the language of the white extremist and they will not be tolerated
- Physical, verbal and sexual harassment will not be tolerated
While some improvised scenes may touch on these topics, if a pattern of behaviour and attitude appears to emerge, accountability measures will be enacted, starting with being removed from the current workshop without refund or recourse